Monday, May 9, 2011

First Contacts



I got contacts about three months ago. I've worn them about three times.

When I look at myself in the mirror without my glasses I think I look really pretty. When I look at myself in pictures without my glasses I think I look pretty weird. How strange is that?




Other people's opinions about glasses vs. no glasses have varied to "You look weird." to "Stick with your glasses." to "No, you're glasses are you!"

I agree that my glasses have more or less become a part of my face and a part of me. And while there are a few people telling me I look good without my glasses, the general consensus goes for glasses. Still, the mirror seduces me and says, "Put annoying those plastic pieces in your eyes!"



That's another thing. It took me forever to figure out how to put in (and then take out) my contacts. I got the contacts because they were cheaper with insurance but I've wasted about three pairs through trail and error.

In making the change, sometimes my self-critical voice jabs, "Who are you trying to impress?"  

To which I answer, "Myself."

No comments:

Post a Comment