Monday, October 17, 2011

Easy Does It


About a month ago, the movie I Don't Know How She Does It was released.  It stars Sarah Jessica Parker as a mother juggling work, family, and life.  The movie was met with mixed reviews and no one was particularly excited to see it.  I include myself in this category.



Still, the topics of juggling, balance, and proprieties all deserve consideration as with each mounting responsibility of adult life I find myself wondering more and more, how do any of us do it? 

I have so much I have to do and so much I want to do.  So much to get done, so much I get done, and lots of stuff never gets checked off my list.  I know I'm not alone.


I have to work, pay bills, take care of my cat and foster rabbit, spend time with them, place five kittens in loving homes, go home to visit my family from time-to-time, write these blogs, clean my house and room, do my wash, hang out with my roommates, find whatever it is I lost this week, tidy something that is a mess whether it's messy drawer or the mess under my bed, call AT&T, go to the bank, look more grants for PAN, send that Thank You card, sleep, eat, shower, go food shopping, volunteer, practice the ukulele, check my email, hem those pants, wash the dishes, catch up with friends, finish watching that show, take out the trash, read, study for Quizzo, write my friend a letter, buy stamps, the list goes on and on and on!


And everyone's life is like that!  How do we make it work?

I wish I had more time for this
and this.

No comments:

Post a Comment