Monday, July 11, 2011

Lost Phone


This Fourth of July I got stinking drunk and I lost my phone. No, I didn't get stinking drunk, I was just stupid. Drunk sounds like a cooler, more excusable excuse.

It's funny how fast cell phones demanded their way into our pockets and purses becoming seemingly necessities to our lives. Humankind has lasted thousands of years without constant connectivity but within the past ten years or so, cellphones have completely altered our personal and professional lives. How did people find one another before the days of the mobile phone?

For roughly a week, I was phoneless. I used a website for an alarm clock, Facebook to message people, and complicated many-a-plan. But I survived. Hopefully I don't lose anything else for at least a few months.

Where's My Mind?


No comments:

Post a Comment