Monday, January 31, 2011

Vegan Pledge

Peace Advocacy Network

This month I have been participating in a 30-day vegan pledge program with PAN (Peace Advocacy Network).  It has been good for me to be around other vegans.  Although Philadelphia is a good place to be vegan, I'm not good at getting out. I need to work on that.

At any rate, the non-profit group PAN, works to help people who want to go vegan but who are still a little nervous.  I am a mentor to someone who like me, started as a long-time vegetarian and wanted to make the change to go vegan.  My biggest hope was that this person would stay vegan and this week she sent me an email saying she was committed to making the life change.  How exciting!

As I am becoming more aware of what other people are doing, I feel like I am not doing nearly enough.  I listen to podcasts, read blogs, and now have real-life contact with people who are really getting the movement going, and what am I doing?  I'm just barely getting by.  I need a better job so I can be a better activist.  I have plans but not the resources to create them.  How do people work, live, and create social change?  Do you have to pick and choose?  I would like to pick and choose live and create social change but that doesn't seem to be an option.

  

No comments:

Post a Comment