Monday, January 10, 2011

I Can't Think of a Good Name for My Ukulele...


I've been playing my ukulele pretty consistently since I got it for my birthday a month ago.  With a full-time job, I don't have the kind of time writing, practicing, and socializing requires.  I have to pick and choose.  This is why I've fallen behind on my blogs.  I feel guilty for always choosing my ukulele, especially in regards to my vegan blog because I care so much about it.  It's just that I come home from work feel completely deflated.  Once I come through my bedroom door, I put my things down, I instinctively find myself reaching for my uke.  As I play though the song I worked on the night before to see what stuck, my uneasiness from work dissipates and I feel ok again.  Then I shower, eat, catch up on online stuff, find a new song to try, sleep, and everything starts over again.



Despite the ukulele's happy-go-lucky image, I can't help but feel hardcore as I push on my calluses at my cash register at work.   

No comments:

Post a Comment