Monday, September 12, 2011

A Little Green


Last Saturday, I went home for my Dad's birthday.  The train ride to my hometown is just an hour though it's not often I have the time to make the trip worthwhile.  My weekend plans are always plentiful and I'm always yearning to just sit and chill out.  But whenever I am able to take the train back, I am always reminded that how much good a little greenery can do.

"Pressure pushing down on me,
Pressing down on you no man ask for."

As soon as I start to see more grass and trees out my train window, I feel a gradual clamp release from my chest that I didn't know was there.  Maybe it's something psychological with the color itself or maybe it's that I have much less I need to do in rural Pennsylvania.  Either way, I am always grateful for the break.

I aspire to one day have a game closet like the one in The Royal Tennenbaums.

For my dad's birthday, I got him a game.  I like getting games for presents because everyone likes them, but hardly anyone ever gets them for themselves.  To celebrate the occasion we had a nice dinner and later my dad, his friend, and I played our ukuleles.

There use to be an orange cat at "home".  I miss him terribly. 

Writing about this makes me want to take a little nap and wake up when it can happen again.

No comments:

Post a Comment