Monday, August 15, 2011

Pre-Fest


Months ago, I wrote about how I was all excited to go to Philadelphia Folk Fest.  I wrote about how I wanted to learn 50 songs in time for PFF's 50th festival.  I did not reach my goal.  It was a high goal for a new-ish ukulelist with a lot going on.  I am not deeply disappointed to only know about twenty-five songs.

In March, I wrote that I knew the following songs:

1.) First Impressions (Julia Nunes)
2.) Walkin' After Midnight (Patsy Cline)
3.) What's Up (Four Non-Blondes)
4.) Science Fiction/Double Feature (Rocky Horror Picture Show)
5.) Rainbow Connection (From The Muppet Movie)
6.) Raindrops Keep Falling On My Head (Burt Bacharach and Hal David - B.J. Thomas)
7.) Nowhere Man (The Beatles)
8.) You're the One That I Want (From Grease)


This list has changed slightly as I learned more songs and forgot others.  My current list is:
  1. What's Up - The Four Non-Blondes
  2. Creep - Radiohead
  3. Baby - Justin Bieber/The Supremes
  4. Cryin' - Aerosmith
  5. In My Life - The Beatles
  6. Science Fiction/Double Feature - Rocky Horror Picture Show
  7. There's a Light (Over at the Frankenstein Place) - Rocky Horror Picture Show
  8. Time Warp - Rocky Horror Picture Show
  9. Walkin' After Midnight - Patsy Cline
  10. We Belong - Pat Benatar
  11. Stand by Me - Ben E/ King
  12. YMCA - The Village People
  13. Believe - Cher
  14. A Little Respect - Erasure
  15. Space Oddity - David Bowie
  16. As the World Falls Down - David Bowie (From the movie Labyrinth)
  17. American Pie - Don McLean
  18. We Will Rock You - QUEEN
  19. We Are the Champions - QUEEN
  20. Your Face Again - Uni and the Ukes
  21. MTA - The Kingston Trio 
  22. Political Science - Randy Newman
  23. The Rainbow Connection - From The Muppet Movie
  24. Total Eclipse of the Heart - Bonnie Tyler
  25. My Hope - Molly Lewis
So, that's what I'm going to the 50th Philadelphia Folk Festival knowing.  Wish me luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment