Monday, August 29, 2011

Growing Older By the Minute


The start date of my new job is quickly approaching and more and more I find myself worrying what kind of person I will become because of it.  I'm not going to be able to stay up till 4am and wake up at noon anymore.  Will this change me?

When I consider this more seriously, it's silly that I worry that my personality depends upon the hours I keep.  I guess I like the way night owl hours can naturally isolate a person.  I do a lot of my favorite things late at night (reading, writing, ukulele playing, show-watching, etc.).  But I live in this world, and I'm going to have to play ball a little if I am to change the way the game is ultimately played, as I truly want to do. 

Sometimes when I walking around the city with my mental list of errands, I think about what child-me would think about myself at the sight of me now.  I grew up in rural suburbs, and with such different environments, I don't think I've ever gotten over the potential excitement of a big city.  In my odd, meta-cognitive thoughts I consider how much and how little I've grown. 

At times, nothing seems to have anything to do with everything else.      

No comments:

Post a Comment