Monday, April 4, 2011

PAN Handling

On Saturday, I went to PAN's (Peace Advocacy Network) Gala. I had been looking forward to this event  because I love PAN, everyone a part of it, and I love being around other vegans.


A Gala, for those who don't know like I didn't, is a fancy fundraising event. There are usually raffle tickets for sale, silent auctions, donation envelopes, and all of this revolves around a fancy dinner and lively dancing.

My date ended up being sick so I invited a friend in his place and had a great time. As silly as it sounds, I felt like a grown up there. A silly, broke grown up, but a grown up all the same. I still got a bunch of vegan icing on my dress. It all came out though.


While dancing on the dance floor with the other vegans I thought to myself, "Damn! We make veganism look good!" While I ate me spinach and strawberry salad and vegan crab cakes, I thought, "Mmmmmmmm!" While I helped myself to seconds on vegan cake, I didn't feel the least bit apologetic.


I also made a speech of sorts about how PAN has changed my life for the better. I meant to think more about what I wanted to say but I basically just thought up five things I wanted to share, kept meaning to plan how I was going to say them, but then not focusing. I more or less winged my speech but I didn't embarrass myself. I'm just glad that I went before this guy, because his speech was beautiful!

No comments:

Post a Comment