Monday, August 23, 2010

Job Search in the Big Apple

The most exciting thing that happened to me this week was I went to New York City in search of a job.  The day was eventful and adventurous.  My sister came with me for moral support and it was both needed and appreciated.  The bus ride was great, especially because I was on the stand by list and it could have turned out that I had to wait an hour for the next bus while my sister headed to the city.  Luck was on my side because I not only got on the bus but, I scored the front seat on the top level of the double decker!  Awesome!


My sister and I got to New York and we got subway day passes.  Great value!  Afterward, my sister and I attempted to find Chinatown which was harder than we imagined.  Eventually, our persistence paid off and we enjoyed delicious spring rolls and bead curd!

In the late afternoon, I got dressed up for an interview.  My sister was walking with me when one of her flip-flops broke.  Since I brought my heels for my interview and I had sneakers in my bag.  Fortunately, my sneakers fit my sister's feet.  Unfortunately, I only have four pairs of shoes, and without my sneakers I'm left with my flip-flops, ill-fitting tennis shoes from trash picking, and my heels.  Soon, I will visit my family, at which point I will be reunited with my go-to-shoes.      



Also this week, my roommate moved out and she took with her three cats that I have come to love and take care of over the months.  It was a tough week.  I cried most nights.  I'm sad that the cats are gone and my place seems empty.  At the same time, it feels like a relief to not have them around knowing they are leaving soon.  I think they got tired of me crying on them. 

No comments:

Post a Comment