Monday, August 2, 2010

Day 1 of Mission Blog

Staring this week, I have started the goal to blog Monday - Friday, each day on a different topic on a different blog. Mondays will be about me.
Tuesday - Movies
Wednesday - Veganism
Thursday - Books
Friday - Music 

The idea behind why Monday will be my personal update day is 1.) the alliteration of Me and Mondays and 2.) the hope that I will have done exciting things over the weekend.  This weekend I am happy to say that I succeeded!

Last night, I went out dancing at a gay bar with a bunch of girlfriends!  It was on my list of things to do and I did it!  And I had so much fun!  It was 80's night, and as my movie and music blog will soon reveal, I love the 80's!  I went dressed up and if I had any batteries for my camera, I'd include a picture.  But, since I don't you'll just have to use your imagination.  You'll also have to imagine my surprise when I got there and discovered the idea was more so that drinks were 80 cents and no one else was dressed up for the 80's.  They didn't even play all that much 80's music.  Not till the end.  I wanted to bang on the DJ's glass window and say "Where's the God damn 80's music?!"  Lady Gaga is cool and all but she's not 80's.  80's inspired, certainly, but that's not the same. 

I'm also proud to say that I danced when no one else would.  When my four new friends and I got there, only a very small group was on the expansive dance floor.  I danced by myself sometimes which was scary but liberating. There was one time I got out and danced when it was only me.  Scarier still but a bonding experience when my friends did join me.

Once the night really got started, "Love is a Battlefield" "Take On Me" "Rapture" "I Wanna Dance With Somebody (Who Loves Me)" "Like a Virgin" "Another One Bites the Dust" (Since I requested QUEEN!) got played, making it a night more like I pictured.  I was told that I had a "nice look" and I was "adorable" and  it was nice to get some friendly compliments from strangers that I didn't have to have any worries about.  Mostly, I was glad to have made the effort to get out there, make new friends and have new experiences.  Outside the comforts of a work setting, my natural tendency is to be introverted so socializing doesn't always come easily for me.  But the good news is, with a little extra effort, it does come.

No comments:

Post a Comment