Monday, November 28, 2011

"Nobody's Perfect!"


A couple of weeks ago, I wrote a post about a previous job and concluded the post with some self-congratulatory words of wisdom.  There's no harm in patting yourself on the back every once in awhile, but the post did still leave me with the desire to write about all my shortcomings as a way to keep things even.  The following Monday fell on my sister's birthday so I wanted to write something nice about her.  And this leaves a week before my birthday to create a list of faults.  Cool.

Since this blog already has a decent number of list posts, I'm going to write about my imperfections by way of Haiku.




Too Many Snoozes

Beep Beep Beep - Later
Beep Beep Beep - 10 more minutes
Beep Beep Beep - I'm late 


Do and Say, Say and Do

Hypocrite sometimes
An environmentalist
Loves long, hot showers


Time Management Skills (Lack There Of)

I have four hours
I have still have two more hours
Where did the time go?


 Materialistic 

There's too much I want
And too little I need to
make right all I have


 Procrastin...

Later.  No, later.
I'll do it later.  This first.  
That second.  Or third.  


Need to Be It

I do dream so much.
And do so much less.  Failure 
of real-life action.  

Oblivious

Did you say something?
My name? A date or a time?
I'm own my own little world.  


Voicemail

Someone is calling.  
Busy, in the loud city,
or just feeling gone 


Drowning in To Do Lists

Eager to excel
I'm often frazzled feeling
Good to go gently 


 Amy Time

I am late again
Not sorry as I should be
I'm just being me


Little, Big Spender

I don't have it 'cause
I don't make it but I spend
it as though I do. 


 Cool It.

It'll be alright.
It'll be just fine, okay?
This I may sometimes forget. 



No comments:

Post a Comment